Disclaimer

The contents of this webiste are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the US government or the Peace Corps.

Monday, August 9, 2010

I love Google translator

Today is my first day of work aka scary. So far anything I want to say that is complex I just enter into Google translator then read it off to whomever I am speaking. With this much interaction hopefully I will grasp this language rather quickly.


I am not sure exactly what is expected of me in my new town but that is something that will come with time. I spent this past weekend mainly getting settled and resting. The past two weeks were very crazy for me. We had class, tech, dance practice/preperation for our going away party, preparing for the LPI (language profeciency interview) and preparing our project.

I spend most of my time studying Romanian, playing on the computer and just walking around. It is going to take me a few months to get use to this slower way of life. This village is a little bigger than my last one. No restaurants, a few stores but anything non basic I will need to go to Balti (the 2nd biggest city in Moldova), it is about 15 km away from my village, to buy things. Hopefully I will get to go this week because I need to go to the bank and do some shopping. I havent figured out the bus routines here yet but once again it is something that will come with time.

I start tutoring for real today at 2 so atleast it is a set in the right direction. I spent last night defining and rewriting verbs; I will worry about conjugating them later.

*I wrote this on another computer so spell check said everything was spelled wrong because it wasn't in Russian. So please excuse any (aka a lot of) mispelling.*

No comments:

Post a Comment